2014 Soccer Season
Welcome to another season of Free Reformed Soccer.
Much of the initial important information regarding the new season has been collated into a full colour brochure (PDF, 953kb).
We'll continue to publish important information regarding the season here on our website, so be sure to stay up-to-date by visiting this page.
2014 Season Dates:
- March: 29
- April: 5, 12
- May: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
- June: 7, 14, 21, 28
- July: 26
- Aug: 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Sep: 6 (finals), 13 (finals), 20 (carnival/grand finals)
2014 Inter-Season Competition Dates:
- Junior Boys Knockout Competition:
- May 17, June 28, Aug 16 (grand final)
- Senior Boys Round Robin Competition:
- May 3, May 31, June 21, Aug 9, Aug 30 (grand final)
- Ladies Knockout Competition:
- May 10, June 14, Aug 23 (grand final)
- Pool Player Registration
- Registration for the Mens and Ladies division pool is open throughout the season.
- Register As A Pool Player
Pool Player Proposal
Wednesday, June 4, 10:09pm
Since the beginning of the season, there have been a number of unforeseen circumstances challenging the league, including things like player injury. Many teams throughout the men's and even women's leagues have had to field under strength teams because their players have not been able to play for a variety of reasons. This issue is compounded by an unusually low pool player register this season, particularly in the men's league. In order to help boost weakened team strength, the FRSL Committee would like to offer a season-long deal for pool players. We do stress that this is a unique situation and this proposal is a reaction to it, not something we wish to make normal.
We propose the following:
- If you're a current pool player, regardless of how many games you've already played or have left of your current payment, if you've paid the fee of once, you'll be allowed to play for the remainder of the season for no additional charge.
- If you're not a signed up player (and eligible to play in either men's or women's leagues), we invite you to register, pay an up front fee of , and continue to play an unlimited number of games for the remainder of the season.
If you wish to sign up, please register with the committee via email or follow instructions on the website.
The committee is endeavouring to avoid a similar situation as has transpired this season, and we'll be looking at ways to improve the competitiveness of the teams next season.
We appreciate your patience and support as we attempt to improve the experience of players in the remainder of the season.
last updated 3 Jul 2014